Seil Chat

A forum for Seil, Luing and Easdale
Seil Skiff Project

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Spiderman banned !!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:29 am 
Bumped into Spidey in the TnT yesterday afternoon.
He told me that he has been given a lifetime (!) ban from Seil Chat (a forum for Seil, Luing and Easdale; part of our Community website).
Obviously I now know his side of the story but what about Herby Dice's side of the story ?
Now, I've had many warnings myself (the most recent being for making implications when four newbies all "first posted" on the same subject, with the same view, the same day, within a day of joining...the causeway discussion) all of which were, I'm sure, justified.
But what Spidey said was, apparently, said in private.
Anything the community need to be told so others can avoid lifetime bans in the future? Herby?

Sniffer Shanks (newshound by choice)

Post subject: Re: Spiderman banned !!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:43 am 
Site Admin

Spiderman was banned by me, not Herby, and the ban is for three months. After that he should be automatically reinstated by the software and free to post again. June 21st (midsummer's day) is the end of the ban. This was always the case, so either Spiderman did not read his PM carefully or possibly the software sent an incorrect message. Whatever; the ban ends 21st June. If he still can't log in after that time he should email me and I will fix it.

Not everything Spiderman said was in private. There were two posts which were fortunately deleted before anyone got a chance to read them, either of which would have been grounds for a ban. Abusive PMs should also be reported however and will not be tolerated - this is a community forum, not a saloon bar brawl.

I am heartily sick of this forum being used to discuss this forum and the way in which it is run, as are others. As I have said before, it puts off many who would otherwise post here. I am going to move this thread to the Website News, Problems and Suggestions forum. This is the appropriate forum for this type of post, so please use it for any future posts on forum or website related subjects.