Seil Chat

A forum for Seil, Luing and Easdale
Seil Skiff Project

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:10 am 
Site Admin

I recently became suspicious when a user reported seeing an old poster who refuses to post under their own name logged on when of course they are free to browse anonymously. Then I began to wonder if they were using the Private Message system to try to undermine the forum.

Normally these PMs are inaccessible to me, but a little 'investigative journalism' revealed that a previous poster was PM-ing Innes and Jim, and that the content of the messages was inflammatory , libellous and apparently even physically threatening towards myself and other so-called 'nationalist' posters on this forum. I won't reveal the identity of the poster, but I expect many of you reading this can guess.

(He was also offering to write Innes's posts for him . . . )

This poster - and his known alter-ego - have had their accounts suspended indefinitely.

In view of this unsavoury activity I have reluctantly decided to suspend the PM function of the board. This will prevent any more former users from logging in and using the PM system maliciously. All private messages to date will of course be retained in the database and backups in case they are ever needed for legal reasons.