|SNP publishes rural manifesto
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||NickB [ Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:55 am ]|
|Post subject:||SNP publishes rural manifesto|
Yesterday the SNP published its rural manifesto for the GE2015
Specifically, SNP MPs will:
• Press for a fair share of the UK’s CAP convergence uplift, which comes to the UK as a result of Scotland’s low hectare rates.
• Scrutinise UK government actions at an EU level to ensure that our farming and fishing industries receive full backing and support.
• Protect the Royal Mail’s Universal Service Obligation, the maintenance of the 30 per cent government share of Royal Mail in order to protect the public interest and, over time, support the return of the Royal Mail to public ownership.
• Support the introduction of a Universal Service Obligation for broadband services
• Push for increased investment in 4G
• Take forward Scotland’s £1.3 billion rural development programme
• Press for action at an EU level to deliver a simplified CAP
• Work to ensure the discard ban is workable for our fishing fleet
• Ensure coastal communities benefit from the net income of the Crown Estate’s seabed leasing revenues
• Press for a fair deal on fuel prices for rural areas
• Back the full devolution of all food levies so we can support the promotion of Scotland’s food and drink
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group